Meet the Denturist
William Hubben, DD, Certified Denturist has been in the business for 30 years. He likes his work so much it feels like a hobby.
"Combining the aesthetic and the technical elements of making good dentures requires an artistic touch."
William enjoys the satisfaction of producing a finished product that makes a difference.
"Dentures are important for the digestion, for the appearance and for the self-confidence."
William was born in Holland but at the age of eight, moved to Edmonton where he graduated from St. Mary's High School and later trained as a Denturist.
He is a member of the College of Alberta Denturists.
As a devoted practitioner William believes in maintaining cutting edge skills and abilities. Since 2000, he studied recent advances in denturism by taking the following continuing education courses:
- Denture Construction Problem Solving
- Treatment Planning
- The Esthetic Revolution in Dentures
- Digital Imaging and the Denturist
- Infection Control Update 2001
- Aromatherapy for Dental Patients
- Awareness of HIV Positive, Hepatitis and AIDS
- Facebow and the Partially or Fully Edentulous Patient
- Including Implants In Your Daily Routine
- TMJ Disorders
- Oral Pathology
- Partial Denture Design (updated)
- Controversies and Innovations in Implant Dentistry - A No Nonsense Approach
- Asthma and Oxygen Therapy
- Oral Observation with Periodontal Screening and Recording
- Aspects of Treating Snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Patient Driven Function and Form
- Restorative Implant Workshop
- Bar Overdenture Concepts in Edentulous Implant Prosthodontics
- Understanding for a Thorough Examination and Treatment Planning
- Design Solutions to Reduce RPD Stress to Abutments Due to Rotational Forces
- Premium Denture Set-up and Processing Techniques
- Prosthetics in Function/Arcus Digma 3 Dimensional Occlusal Navigator
- Implant Development Program
- Implant Tutorial Program for Denturists
- Clinical and Laboratory Procedures for Straumann ITI Implant Overdentures
- Premium Partial Dentures, “A Systematic Approach”
- Changing the Paradigm in Removable Prosthetics